How to configure a joystick?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average

Yeah I know, but all these years I played cs w a joystick ...so is there any way to do it?

I got the buttons on the joystick set up for shooting, reload etc... but still cannot move with it. Any ideas/help/suggestions would be appreciated.
09-01-2012 02:44 AM
Quote this message in a reply

So let me get this straight, you're playing Counter Strike on PC, but with a joystick? Wouldn't it just make more sense to learn how to play with a keyboard and mouse?

[Image: o55Sr.jpg?1]
09-01-2012 01:55 PM

after playing like this since 2002, no not really
09-01-2012 03:23 PM

It's not that hard, but if you want to use a controller whatever.

[Image: o55Sr.jpg?1]
09-01-2012 11:15 PM

Joystick as in game-pad controller or like a ....flight joy stick?
09-02-2012 11:06 PM

(09-02-2012 11:06 PM)JOHNMADDEN Wrote:  Joystick as in game-pad controller or like a ....flight joy stick?

I use Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
09-03-2012 02:48 AM
Jhony
N/A

Most USB joysticks that are used for playing computer games are "Plug-N-Play." This means that the computer automatically recognizes them the moment they are plugged in, and they are immediately ready to be used. No additional setup or downloads are required under these circumstances. If your USB Joystick does not feature "Plug-N-Play" technology, however, it is going to need to be configured.

Read more: How to Configure a USB Joystick | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5135408_configur...z25b3yoUhc
09-05-2012 01:13 PM

(09-05-2012 01:13 PM)Jhony Wrote:  Most USB joysticks that are used for playing computer games are "Plug-N-Play." This means that the computer automatically recognizes them the moment they are plugged in, and they are immediately ready to be used. No additional setup or downloads are required under these circumstances. If your USB Joystick does not feature "Plug-N-Play" technology, however, it is going to need to be configured.

Read more: How to Configure a USB Joystick | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5135408_configur...z25b3yoUhc
Good post! I was thinking the same thing, it would be automatically recognized. Let us know OP
09-08-2012 08:13 PM

I wanted to try it with a ps3 controller for the lulz and i use DS3 Tools. It basically recognizes different types of controllers and installs the drivers automatically if your controller can't do it. It can then emulate the Xbox 360 controller which is the controller that CS GO is optimized for so i recommend giving that a shot it can't hurt. But yea mouse > controller but each to their own! Good luck

[Image: 1VPnI.png]
09-08-2012 11:54 PM

(09-08-2012 11:54 PM)Tony Tony Wrote:  I wanted to try it with a ps3 controller for the lulz and i use DS3 Tools. It basically recognizes different types of controllers and installs the drivers automatically if your controller can't do it. It can then emulate the Xbox 360 controller which is the controller that CS GO is optimized for so i recommend giving that a shot it can't hurt. But yea mouse > controller but each to their own! Good luck

Hopefully this answers your question OP - makes sense too.
09-09-2012 06:52 PM

I use a joystick for CSS(SAITEK CYBORG EVO) it works great, but with CS:GO all the buttons work, but forward and backward movement does not. Now I've tried removing the config files in the common folder for CS:GO and replacing them with my config files from CSS no luck still no forward or backward,also in the CS:GO help and options menue the motion controller option is greyed out so I can't select the joystick option like I could in CSS.And in the mouse and board option the buttons look like XBOX buttons. Funny thing is if I push the joystick forward or backward in those menues it acts like mouse wheel scrolling up and down the page ,if knew what line to edit in the config file and with what value's I might get it to work.Any ideas or maybe there will a patch that can correct this. Thanks Al.
09-26-2012 02:07 PM