Lost Password?

Cs Go Forum

Training for Gamers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CS:GO Free2Play Weekend
11-02-2012, 08:24 PM
CS:GO Free2Play Weekend

Starting today at 10am until Sunday at 1pm PST – Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is free. All weekend you can play the complete game.

Source:
Valve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Training for Gamers
11-03-2012, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 12:20 PM by throzen.)
RE: CS:GO Free2Play Weekend
Global Offensive is also 33%-off at the moment, clashing happily with the free-to-play offer.

This news has come about after three hypothetical situations:

1) Global Offensive is selling better than expected and Valve would like to keep the ball rolling with this offer.
2) Global Offensive is selling incredibly poorly and needs to attract sales with this offer.
3) It's a totally random Steam offer.

My money's on scenario #2. Historically speaking it's unusual for such a gracious combination of offers to come to exist after such a short amount of time after the game's release (we're talking just over two months) - a game which was supposed to pick up and bear the torch of the most successful FPS franchise in PC gaming to date. I mean - free-to-play for several days is hot enough, but chuck in a 33% reduced price offer as well? That spells trouble in paradise for Valve to me.

Oh, and I must contradict myself. There's no such thing as a "random Steam offer", as I claimed in my list of scenarios. All Steam offers are based on profit projections or to reignite fire in a particular game which may be selling less and less, which lends all-the-more credence to scenario #2.

[Image: forumsig8.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2012, 03:13 PM
It can't have been doing that bad, it's 2nd on the top selling list, just after a new release of a popular series.

[Image: o55Sr.jpg?1]
11-03-2012, 06:57 PM
(11-03-2012 03:13 PM)TheBadamanCJ Wrote:  It can't have been doing that bad, it's 2nd on the top selling list, just after a new release of a popular series.

Probably because of this offer; before the offer came along it was rare to see Global Offensive in the top 10 most played games.

[Image: forumsig8.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2012, 12:50 AM
True, but it shows people are still interested at least. Just played 2 hours of GunGame with my friend, great fun. Met some pricks while I was at it, but I got a couple quad feeds on them so it was still good.

[Image: o55Sr.jpg?1]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious